Sunday, March 4, 2012

So I have mastered the opening licks of Smoke on the Water. Probably not much of an accomplishment given that a 15 year old could most likely master this right away but it's the first thing that I can play that actually sounds like something. I can play it on my Strat and on the acoustic as well so now I need to work on the remainder of the song. This is a pretty amazing album now that I listen to it 30 some odd years later. It really is a great collection of songs. No running this weekend unfortunately. Busy with my grand-daughter and did not eat well at all. Most likely put a few pounds on. This upcoming week will be tough. I have to host one of the rating agencies at the bank I work at and that will consume most of my energy the next 3 days. I am signed up for a 5K in Southie on St. Patricks day so that is my focus right now, not that a 5K is anything to worry about these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment